FAQs FOR REOPENING
The Brunton (Venue 1) will reopen once Scottish Government advice allows.
We have been working hard to welcome you back safely to The Brunton, so there will be a few changes within our building. We do hope the following answers any questions that you might have.
- We are operating contactless ticket sales. Customers will purchase tickets online or by telephone only with no counter sales until further notice. Our New Box Office number is 0131 653 5245 and will be open from Monday to Saturday 10am to 4pm until further notice.
- All seating will be unreserved. This means that when you make your booking for your tickets for singles, pairs or family groups, your booking is recorded in our ticketing system. Our ushers will check you in and seat you from the customer booking list when you arrive. No tickets will need to be handed over to reduce contact. You will be ushered to your seats.
- Please contact our Box Office by email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific seating preferences and we will try to accommodate these. However this may not always be possible as our usher team will need to seat people according to physical distancing guidelines. Your understanding is appreciated.
- To manage queuing, the main doors to the front of the building on Bridge Street will be open. The rear door to Gracefield Car Park will be closed until further notice.
- If you or a member of your household has or begins to display symptoms of Covid-19 please do not visit The Brunton.
-We are taking part in the public health authorities' Covid-19 Contact Tracing scheme. We are required to have a record of each booker's name and telephone number. If we do not have a note of the booker's telephone number on our ticketing system, this will be collected on arrival. To find out more, please see our privacy notice.
- Customers who do not have face masks with them on arrival will be offered face masks. It is mandatory that face masks are worn in the building, although they can be removed for eating and drinking.
- Face masks are not required for those that are exempt.
Cleaning and hygiene
- We have enhanced cleaning procedures in place before and after each screening.
- Our staff will be wearing disposable gloves and face shields / masks.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be in place for customers and staff.
Social distancing & seating
- We have reduced the number of people we can accommodate for each screening, enabling social distancing to 2 metres.
- We have arranged for spaces between seats and between rows to ensure that social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
- We will operate socially distanced queuing in the building when customers arrive.
- There will be signage and instructions for social distancing throughout the building.
- We will take customers to their seats so different households can stay 2m apart.
- At the end of the film screening our team of ushers will manage the safe public exit from the auditorium in rows and blocks.
Bars & toilets
- If the bar is open we will have table service at the bar with contactless payment.
- 1 metre social distancing will be in place in the bar area.
- Perspex screening will also be in place at the bar and kiosk.
- We will operate a queuing system for the use of the public toilets.
Please follow The Brunton on Facebook or Twitter and sign up for emails to stay up to date.
Your visit will be different to normal, but we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.
While we are very excited to hopefully be able to start welcoming visitors back soon, this is still an incredibly difficult time for The Brunton. We have been closed for over 6 months and still need to limit visitor numbers for the safety of our visitors and our staff. As a Scottish arts charity operating in the local community, we are reliant on the support of customers, particularly during these unprecedented times. Please consider making a donation. We are grateful for donations of any size. It all helps. Thank you.
I have a different query, what should I do?
Our box office is temporarily closed. All queries should be send to email@example.com
Download our Cancelled/Rescheduled Shows FAQs
Tickets can be purchased online at www.thebrunton.co.uk
Updates will be provided through this webpage and our social media channels:
If you're planning a visit to us soon. Please watch our Reopening Video